Thursday, June 17, 2010

Feeling spicy!!

I think I will start things off with my recipe for salsa.
5 large tomatoes
1 small clove of garlic
1 large onion
1 bunch of cilantro
2 jalapeno peppers
1 habanero pepper
sea salt

Mince or grate garlic. Chop (in large pieces) tomatoes,onions,jalapenos,and habaneros(If you want it spicy,add seeds. I do,it's yummy). De-stem cilantro. Add everything to a food proessor or blender. Add salt to taste(I usually do about 5 cranks out of my sea salt grinder). Pulse until you reach your desired consistancy. For a different taste,you can also add a couple squeezes of lime juice. Serve with pita or tortilla chips.

This is the freshest tasting salsa that I have ever had. We generally make a fresh batch every weekend. Please leave me a comment and let me know if this is something that sounds appealing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment