Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Couscous,really??

I am a fan of trying new things,but my first couple of tries with couscous were total failures. It has a very different texture and is quite bland. I have tried to spice it up in many ways and have not been happy,neither has my family. I found this recipe and tried it and it is fresh tasting. I think we have a winner!


 First the couscous-
 1 cup of dry couscous
 2 cups water
 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
 1/2 tsp salt

Bring water to a boil over med heat on stove. When ready,add olive oil,salt and couscous. Stir up a bit,put on lid,and take off heat. Let sit about 15 minutes. While that is cooking,start your other ingredients.

 1 small bunch of flat leaf parsley,rinsed,dried and chopped
 1 clove of garlic,grated
 2 lemons,zested and juiced
 2 pinches of sea salt
 Splash of extra virgin olive oil

 Mix all together in a bowl and let sit.
 When couscous is done,mix in fresh ingredients. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment